Ann Arbor, MI
SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Ann Arbor office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for a Visualization Specialist to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Work with project managers, designers, and marketing staff to create a range of graphics throughout the life of a project.
- Establish a graphics workflow to efficiently and creatively depict the project at various stages of development using a range of graphic styles.
- Work with cross-collaborative teams to provide art direction and technology guidance.
- Craft creative designs that help communicate the intended message.
- Work with studio leadership to provide design expertise for a range of project materials, including report layouts, infographics, diagrams, and final renderings.
- Support the development of proposals, qualifications, presentations, brochures, newsletters, award submittals, and other miscellaneous printed and digital materials.
- Assist in coordination of project and other office photography and video production.
- Display initiative in creative problem-solving and understanding deliverable objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of design trends.
- 2D and 3D modeling in software such as Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup.
- Transform site and building models into conceptual or photorealistic renderings in software such as Vray and Lumion.
- Create walkthrough/flythrough animations for interviews and client requests in software such as 3dMax and Lumion.
- Video production and editing using software such as Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
An ideal candidate has:
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Graphic Design, Marketing or related design field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Rhino, Sketchup, Lumion, AutoCad.
- Understanding of Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro along with other video creation and editing tools is a plus.
- A positive, collaborative attitude with strong visualization skills and the ability to work well with a team.
- Strong communication and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects with varying timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Eye for design details, such as typography, alignment, hierarchy, etc.
- An understanding of branding and marketing/communications.
- Ability to think critically, ask questions, receive constructive feedback and execute on tasks.
- Knowledge of the print process, proper file setup for print production and experience working directly with print vendors.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently, self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent understanding of graphic principles, layout, and design.
- Ability to craft a succinct and effective written message when necessary.
- An interest in or understanding of the architecture, engineering, planning and design industry.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by submitting your application materials, including work samples, by clicking the link below.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.