SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2016 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 6th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Washington DC office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for a BIM Manager to work out of the Social Security Administration (SSA) Office in Baltimore, Maryland.
Working with us, you will:
- Assist with development of BIM/CAD standards and the implementation of these standards across SSA in accordance with the GSA BIM/CAD Standard.
- Update and maintain a viable BIM Execution Plan and to develop and maintain CAD Management policy that is consistent with the GSA / SSA BIM / CAD policy.
- Update and maintain existing BIM models.Integrate work orders such as Building Modification Requests (BMR’s) or GSA Reimbursable Work Authorizations (RWA’s) into the BIM models.
- Update and maintain existing BIM models as it relates to the space management through the utilization of FM Systems software.
- Establish BIM models links with other software such as but not limited to building maintenance through the utilization of Tririga software, FM Systems, or other software.
- Prepare and provide existing building drawings upon request in various electronic formats such as but not limited to Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit, and Adobe PDF.
- Update and maintain the electronic document library.The library contains BIM Models, CAD floorplans, and PDF/TIFF Original Construction Drawings.
- Technical resource to SSA for BIM/CAD questions and related hardware issues.
- Provide training to current SSA staff on BIM/CAD related items as needed.
- Establish tools for BIM/CAD integration and maintain current CAD tools.
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 5 years or more of BIM production experience.Experience shall include but not be limited to all building components such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural, civil, space planning, and furniture.
- Experience with BIM in an existing facility.
- In-depth working knowledge of current Autodesk products such as but not limited to Revit and AutoCAD current release.
- Ability to communicate with others in a clear, collaborative, and constructive manner.
- Experience working with FM Systems software is preferred.
- Experience working with Revit software integration.
- Experience with educating staff on BIM standards and requirements.
- Experience with establishing Revit link with other software such as Tririga.
- Familiar with federal government BIM/CAD standards.
- Ability to obtain SSA suitability clearance.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment and pay for 8 federal holidays.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.